Calling all Erie area Seniors! If you are 55 or older and live in the Erie area, Kmart Erie, located at 2873 West 26th Street, in Erie PA is test piloting a new Senior Discount program through December 31, 2017. You get 10% off your purchases storewide** when you register on the first Thursday of the month from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM at the Kmart pharmacy during 2017 (September 7, October 5, November 2 or December 7, 2017), plus when you register, you will receive:
- FREE RED KMART T-SHIRT & re-usable shopping bag
- FREE blood pressure check
- Complimentary review of your medications with the pharmacist.
- FREE one-use Super Senior Discount card to get 10% off your purchase storewide** on the day of enrollment.
Then WEAR YOUR RED KMART T-SHIRT and ask for the pharmacist at Kmart W. 26th Street, Erie PA, on the 1st Thursdays of 2017 following your enrollment to get 10% off your purchase storewide** OR 20% back in points on qualifying in-store purchases** on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Thursdays in 2017.
This offer is limited to 1 per person, while T-shirt quantities last, and is EXCLUSIVELY available at Kmart # 4113, located at 2873 West 26th Street, Erie PA 16505-3047. All purchases must be made in-store at Kmart W 26th Street to qualify for the 10% off and 20% back in points offers.
How to Qualify for the Senior Discount
- 1 How to Qualify for the Senior Discount
- 2 What You Need to Enroll in the Senior Discount Program
- 3 Show Me the Senior Discounts!
- 4 **Fine Print & Exclusions (the official legal wording)
- 5 Senior Discount Shopping Tips
If you are 55+ or older, and have your email & current mailing address on your Shop Your Way rewards membership, you may have already received a postcard in the mail if you live in Erie. It’s no problem if you didn’t received a postcard in the mail, just stop by the Kmart West 26th Street pharmacy, show them your ID & ask for one of the Senior Discount postcards. You will need the postcard to sign up for the Senior Discount program! Make sure you hold onto the postcard, because you will need it to come back in to enroll in the Senior Discount Program on the First Thursday of the Month (either September 7, October 5, November 2 or December 7, 2017). You must bring your driver’s license or government ID to show proof of age eligibility when you meet with the pharmacist to enroll.
Below is a picture of the front & back of the postcard. Each Super Senior Discount Thursdays post card has a unique bar code number on the back. In order to enroll, you must make a purchase of 1¢ or more. The cashier will scan the coupon code & your SYW rewards card when you checkout, which will associate the Senior Discount code with your SYW rewards membership. If you don’t have a physical SYW rewards card, just give them your email that is on your SYW rewards membership. You must have a valid email on your SYW rewards membership to be eligible to participate in the Super Senior Discount Thursdays program.
Here is the front of the Super Senior Discount Thursday postcard.
Here is the back of Super Senior Discount Thursday postcard.
How to Add Your Email to your Existing Shop Your Way Membership
To add your email to your existing Shop Your Way (SYW) rewards membership, call SYW Member Services at 1-800-991-8708 and ask them to update your contact information. They can add your email address to your existing SYW membership. It may take 24-48 hours for updates to show up in the system. The email can not be used on any other SYW account & you must have access to the email. If you like, the pharmacy can add your email to your SYW rewards account when you enroll in the senior discount program.
Once in a while Kmart sends special offers in the mail, like invitations to special sales & promotions (like the Super Senior Discount program). To make sure you receive special offers, update your current address on your profile at ShopYourWay.com or call SYW Member Services at 1-800-991-8708 and ask them to update your contact information.
What You Need to Enroll in the Senior Discount Program
To enroll in the Super Senior Discount Thursdays program, here is a checklist of what you will need:
- Bring the Super Senior Discount Thursdays postcard (if you don’t have one, ask the pharmacist for one or grab one at the display at the front of the store on the 1st Thursday of the month while they are available)
- Your driver’s license or government ID to show proof of age eligibility
- Have a valid email on your Shop Your Way rewards membership
Show Me the Senior Discounts!
- Sign up on the first Thursday of the month at the Kmart pharmacy department, located at 2873 West 26th St, Erie PA, from 10am-5pm. Seniors age 55+ will receive a FREE RED KMART T-SHIRT & reusable shopping bag, blood pressure check, a one-use Senior Discount postcard with a discount bar code, and a complimentary review of your medications by the pharmacist. To enroll you will need to make a purchase of 1¢ or more. Make sure to give the cashier your one-use Senior Discount postcard & the email that is on your SYW rewards account. If you already have an email on your SYW rewards account, have the cashier scan your SYW membership card (if you have one) or you can give them your phone number or email so they can look up your account.
- After you enroll, WEAR YOUR RED KMART T-SHIRT every Thursday during 2017 & come back to the Kmart West 26th Street, Erie PA pharmacy to receive a new one-use Senior Discount postcard to use in-store that day. On the 1st Thursday of each month in 2017, following your enrollment, you will receive 10% off your purchases storewide.** On the 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th Thursdays of every month in 2017, following your enrollment, you will get 20% back in points on qualifying Kmart purchases.** Points are valid for 7 days.
**Fine Print & Exclusions (the official legal wording)
The Super Seniors Discount Thursdays offer is limited to 1 per person, while quantities last. Seniors must show driver’s license or valid government ID. Excludes pharmacy, tobacco, alcohol, prepaid gift cards, prepaid phone cards and some food items (like milk) as required by law. Valid only in 2017 for seniors 55+. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to the Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at www.shopyourway.com/terms. Members earn points on qualifying purchases, excluding sales tax and other fees. Extra points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any base points earned on qualifying purchases. When extra point offers are combined, total points earned will be less than the combined point totals for each individual offer.
Senior Discount Shopping Tips
This is an awesome discount! While there a few items that do not qualify for the 10% discount or 20% back in bonus points offer, they are generally controlled substances (prescriptions/drugs that you get behind the pharmacy counter) or items that don’t qualify for any discounts (like gift cards & phone cards). In Pennsylvania, alcoholic beverages are considered a controlled substance & are not sold at Kmart in Erie, PA anyway.
If you are 55+, this is a great way to save on groceries, cleaning supplies, toilet paper, paper towels & other daily necessities like bandaids, health & beauty aids that normally don’t go on sale. Since groceries generally have a 2%-3% profit margin, the opportunity to get 10% off your grocery bill or 20% back in points on your groceries is a great way to save. You can stock up on holiday baking supplies, PLUS get discounts on all your Christmas presents by shopping on Thursdays.
While you do not have to have your prescriptions at Kmart to qualify for the Super Senior Discount Thursdays promotion, you do need to stop by the pharmacy & see the pharmacist every Thursday to obtain your one-use Super Senior Discount card to get the discount. This makes it super-easy to shop every Thursday since you’ll get either the 10% discount or 20% bonus points when you WEAR YOUR RED KMART T-SHIRT on Thursday & swing by the pharmacy to grab your one-use Super Senior Discount postcard.
There are only 200 T-shirts available, so enroll early to get the t-shirt size you need since there are limited quantities of Large, XL & XXL sizes. Once they run out of t-shirts, they are gone. Super Senior Discount Thursdays is a pilot program being done in Erie PA as a test market. Sears Holding Corp., the parent company of Kmart, frequently runs special pilot projects as a test before they are rolled out nationally. At this time, the Super Senior Discount Thursdays program is only available at Kmart #4113, 2873 W 26th Street, Erie, PA 16505-3047. If you enroll at Kmart West 26th Street and shop at other Kmart locations or online, the discounts will not apply to other Kmart locations since this promotion is store specific.
Since the Super Senior Discount is a physical coupon that must be scanned when you check out, you will not be able to use any other SYW coupons, since you are limited to one SYW coupon per transaction. For more tips on how to save money at Kmart, check out my blog post on What You Need to Know About BOGO at Kmart, since BOGO offers invalidate all coupon offers.